Sunday, November 24, 2013

Animal Reincarnation: How I got My Cat






Twelve years ago, a woman moved in next door to me.  She complained of being lonely, and I suggested she get a cat.  Not long after, I met her in the driveway.  She’d brought her new kitten to meet me.  It was love at first sight: she was a four month old tortoise shell (or calico), very dainty, with big green eyes.  When I went to pat her she did what we call the “bunny hop”, sitting up on her back legs to bump her head against my hand.  At the same time, her little front paws stretched out like tiny hands.

I just wanted her; I was jealous!  Then, I heard a voice say, “You’re going to end up with that cat”.  She went on to become an expert huntress, killing birds and rats every day, much to her owner’s distress (we live on the edge of nature reserve).  Some days she’d even kill two animals.   Sandy (I’ll call her) tried belling her and even double belling to no avail.  She always managed to pull the collar off.

Eighteen months passed, and I‘d begun to think the voice I’d heard was wrong.  Tizzy (yes that was her name, an inevitable shortening of “Solstice”} often visited me, and I’d always feed her, but she never stayed long.

Then Sandy called me saying she didn’t know what to do.  Tizzy was bringing rats into the house and letting them go.  She was considering surrendering her to the RSPCA.   Of course, I offered to take her, but Sandy was dubious: what could I do to prevent her from killing wildlife?  I told her not to worry; I was fairly sure I could solve the problem.

I went over to get Tizzy, and Sandy gave me some food and her feeding bowls.  She helped me carry them over to my place and as we left, Tizzy saw us and followed, clearly thinking, “Where are you going with MY things?”  She came into my house, and immediately made herself at home, sleeping on my bad, and seeming to be blissfully happy to be here.  As far as I know, she never went back to Sandy’s, and for years refused to even acknowledge her. 

Since I’ve had her, as far as I know, she’s caught one bird and she spends most of her life indoors.  She likes to stick very close to me, following me around the house.  How did I stop her from hunting, you ask?  It was easy: she was hungry.  I’d always thought she was part Siamese, as she was very lean.  She’s now twice the size and enjoys her food very much. 

Some years before, I’d had a cat very much like Tizzy in looks and temperament.  I was living in an apartment and was forced to surrender her when a neighbour complained – it was me or the cat – and as I’d just moved in, I couldn’t afford to move again.  I’ve always felt that somehow Blossom came back to me in Tizzy.  Sometimes, people who never knew Blossom, even call Tizzy by that name.

When I found the Seth material, I was delighted and intrigued when he described Jane and Robert’s relationships with their pets.  In all the reading I’d done, I’d never found such descriptions anywhere before.   In Seth’s view, animal consciousness does survive death and they do reincarnate (Session 837, The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events, 2012).  I’d always thought that if humans live again, why wouldn’t animals?  I believe Tizzy was Blossom, and found her way back to me as soon as she could.  According to Seth, pets often play out roles in our psychic dramas, substituting for family members who have passed beyond the veil, and helping us work out our fears and challenges.

Your thoughts and comments are welcomed as always,
Love
Chanson

No comments:

Post a Comment